George is fed up with all the problems we face everyday and has decided to make the world a better place. Every now and then George identifies one of these problems and comes up with a solution in form of an illustration.

Saturday, August 23, 2008

The world is unfair

The world is a cruel place to live in. There are wars, famine, Ryanair check-in policy. The world is unfair. The rich are getting richer, the poor are getting bigger and Kylie Minogue receives an OBE for her services to music. The world is also somewhat stupid. Why is there braille on an ATM key board when a blind person would probably not be able to read the screen anyway?
Every day is a constant battle. For example I walk into a shop and ask the expert " I am trying to get Internet at home, could you help me and maybe recommend an appropriate Internet server to match my needs?"
He says: " Yes, you have to look it up on the Internet"
Me: " eh... Well that's the thing, I don't have Internet, how do I choose..."
Him: "You have to look it up on the Internet!"
Me: "But.."
etc...
After years of struggling to make sense of it all, I have found it necessary to offer the intelligent Internet world another blog dedicated to silly things that happen around us. However being that I am an optimist and also very very clever, I have taken it upon myself to come up with some practical solutions that if applied will improve our quality of life. Hopefully you will put into practice some of the suggestions and together we can make the world a better place. So hold on to your hats, as next week I will come up with the perfect solution for the situation described above.

3 comments:

M* said...

And what a lovely maquette that is...

M* said...

I've found yet more proof that life is unfair: this blogspot site has OBLIGED me to begin my username with a lowercase letter thus making me appear to be yet another grammar-phobe who deliberately misuses the English language. How dare they!

George said...

why thank you!